Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the future

Apologies to my readers for the unannounced leave of absence - I needed a little vacation, and vacation, as my brother pointed out, definitely falls under the category of "good news." Until I get my sea legs back (not that I ventured further than the Upper East Side these past few weeks), I want to wish you all a happy, healthy 2010 and recommend two of the best things I saw over the break (minus my own reviews because it is the first Monday back to work, and like I said about the sea legs...):
Broken Embraces (Almodóvar's longest film yet is a thing of devastating, breathtaking beauty - and not just because of the director's longtime muse, Penelope Cruz).
Fela! (the drums, the energy, the set design, the costumes, the DANCING).
That's all I got for you now. Back tomorrow in full force, I swear.

No comments: