Thursday, January 22, 2009

I was hot before Barack, imagine what I'm gon' do

Can't decide whose presidential rhymes are iller, Rev. Joseph Lowery or Jay-Z's. 

Here's some from Hova:
"My president is black, in fact he's half white/ So even in a racist mind he's half right/ Even in these racist times we alright/ My president is black but his house is all white
Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk/ Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run/ Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly/ So I'ma spread my wings, you can meet me in the sky"
Check out footage of Young Jeezy and Jay-Z's performance at Jeezy's "Presidential Status" inaugural ball at Club Love here.

And here's the Reverend (who gets extra points for being the cutest old man I've ever seen):
"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right."
What say you, faithful readers?  My money's on Lowery.

No comments: