Thursday, February 12, 2009

Creative cupcake creations

Cause there's really nothing better than having your own personal cake.
Want this cupcake seat.  But since it's slightly out of my price range, I'll have to settle for the cheaper (and arguably more delicious) alternative, also known as the real deal.

This is a batch of obscenely easy pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (I got the piping effect by using a ziplock bag).

Next up: peach cupcakes with mascarpone icing ...
... adapted from The Cupcake Queen's recipe (I used cinnamon instead of nutmeg and dyed some of the frosting peach-colored for decorative purposes).  Note: if you don't have an electric mixer, beating the frosting 19th-century-style will make your arm fall off. Ouch. But it still works.

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am no queen of cuisine or pizza tour leader like you, however I do have an extremely crucial culinary secret to share: TONNIE'S MINIS in the West Village are the BEST cupcakes on the planet (as far as I know).
Magnolia is mere child's play in comparison.

No milk required (they're that good)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/tonnies-minis-cupcake-documentary/3484918471