Sunday, August 30, 2009

The end draws near

Weekend before Labor Day marks the last of summer's free events. Today's highlights:

Grizzly Bear, Beach House and Vega at the Williamsburg Waterfront, 3pm. The finale to this year's JellyNYC Pool Parties is a monster - "Two Weeks" may well have been the anthem of Summer '09, and Beach House, well, let's just say I did my fair share of stalking when I lived in Charles Village, where I'll be returning tomorrow (wonder if Alex and Victoria ride the Bolt Bus...).

If crazy lines aren't your thing and you'd rather sit down under the stars with a margarita in hand, head to Fort Greene's Habana Outpost for their Outdoor Movie Series (every Sunday at 8pm). I was there for Purple Rain last Sunday, post-downpour, no less. It's worth it just for the mexican corn, but the pretty people and eco-friendly ambience don't hurt either. Tonight's flick is See No Evil, Hear No Evil.

Enjoy the sun!

No comments: