Friday, July 2, 2010

Ain't over 'til it's Ober

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for the following important announcement:
Today is the last day of my first big-kid job. I will be leaving the land of typewriters, cigarette smoke, shouts of "Heavens to Betsy!," boozy midday birthday celebrations, printed emails, and other ancient oddities that have filled my past year with tall tales. I will also be leaving shelves of first-edition Fitzgeralds, scrawled Salinger contracts, a truly lovely boss, and one of the most unique existing relics of the literary world. I'm switching teams: from agency to publishing house, foreign rights to editorial, from tiny independent to massive corporation. I'm sad to go, but excited to begin. Why should you care? Because for the time being, it's going to put a fairly significant hindrance on my blog-tivity. I started this site in January of 2009; yesterday marked my 420th post. I have gotten wonderful feedback, kind words and the support of many friends, and it has been a truly enjoyable experience.
I don't believe that all good things must come to an end. This is a blog about the power of positive thinking (as much as it has become a place for me to share music, events, restaurant reviews and whatever the hell else I feel like), which is something that needs water to grow, and support to carry on. So this isn't the end of the Good Newspaper, but it is the close of a chapter - from a daily column to a guest editing spot, if you will. I'll still be posting, albeit much less regularly. I'm going to try my best to keep up-to-date on good news in the world and share it here, without the self-imposed pressure of the daily grind.
If I can ask something of you all, it's that you keep smiling, throw some salt over your shoulder, and go forth into the great unknown - there's lots of good stuff out there just waiting to be discovered.

1 comment:

Annie said...

noooooooooooooooo