Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cheese, please

Last summer, a few friends and I organized a night-long, city-wide pizza tour. Although our stomachs and feet only allowed us to hit four of the main attractions (Grimaldi's, Lombardi's, Joe's, and John's), the Brooklyn-based eatery was announced the clear winner. Grub Street tells me there may be reason for a do-over this summer, however, because Grimaldi's is opening a Manhattan branch! This is great news for my MetroCard, but I doubt the long lines they're famous for will abet. Unless, of course, you are one of the lucky tenants of 200 Water Street, whose relationship to the 135 John Street Grimaldi's location will allow you to skip the lines. Residents even get free delivery (rethinking my choice of apartment rental as I type...).
The good news for us pizza plebeians is that the restaurant is three stories high and touts my number-one favorite New York attraction: rooftop dining. Give me a slice of that action.

1 comment:

juliette said...

my mouth is watering